Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We are ALL part of "THE WORK OF SALVATION"


HEY FAMILIA!
 
So this time I brought my journal to the computer lab so I can give you a better account about this past week.  I usually am RACING to write in my journal at night, and also its hard to remember significant things that happen every day. Ha but every little thing helps so I'm gonna do my best!
 
SO teaching has been good! mas o menos... My espanol seemed to be excelling at a rapid speed weeks 1 2 and 3 but now it is seeming to get harder.  It's so weird that way....  I feel like I've hit a flat line and I'm not progressing as well as I was but, hey little by little I'll get it.  I have to remind myself that learning a language takes focus and time time time. 
 
Funny story: So tuesday after gym and about a half hour before we had to go to dinner and straight to the devotional , my companera and I took showers in the 30 minutes we are allowed to get ready.  So the door stopper was in the door and everything but when we came back, it wasn't! We were locked out of our room and we were like whaaaat lets go to the 3rd floor maybe and find a worker! So we walk out of this one door to go upstairs, only to realize that we locked ourselves out of our floor!  We were in gym clothes with towels on our heads by the way! So we begin to knock on the door and luckily one of our Hermanas answered it and her and her comp ran across campus to get us spare keys.  In the meantime we played a quick game of hide and seek and probably something else thats real silly that I can't remember.
So we got the keys and I have NEVER gotten ready that fast I don't think.  We ate apples and protein bars on the way to the devotional and called it good! success haha kind of!
 
A funny/ cool thing happened thursday (i think)- so I go into the cafeteria and my friend from San Diego, Courtney Fries was there and I was like heyy! I knew she was coming and I had been looking for her. So I was talking to her and Sarah Pinnock walks up and hugs me too I was like heyy this is awesome! Then I find out that Hermana Fries and Hermana Pinnock are companions and I was like whaaat mind blown! It was super cool thats such a power companionship I love them both.  I love seeing people I know!
 
Friday we got up at 5:30 again to go to our newly assigned service project yaay.  We went annnnddd,.... they didn't need us hahha cool.  That day we did a mini "ayuno de ingles" (I think thats what its called)  Haha aka an English Fast.  We went from lunch to dinner without speaking english and it made my brain HURT but I could tell that It was really good for me. 
 
Saturday the MTC began to be transformed. The were moving things EVERYWHERE and we've been eating in the gym ever since then because its the exciting week of Mission Presidents! They are here learning from some awesome General Authorities that we don't get to see. It's an exciting time but its weird eating in the gym and there are less options haha but there is a Vegetarian table so I really like it!
 
SUNDAY WAS THE BEST!
did you watch the Worldwide Broadcast?!? If you didn't what are you thinking?!?! Hna Jones' mom said she saw us on TV for a minute so thats cool! Getting famouser....
Ha jk but for real, Sunday was awesome- I only have time to talk about the broadcast.  So I got to sing in the choir so we were there real early.  The place was practacally filled and the spirit was already there, but when the Apostles (11 of them were there! that is a BIG. DEAL.) Walked in the spirit just HIT and everyone could feel it, everyone went silent.  I love them.  And I would love to give you a play by play of the whole thing but there is no time.  All I know is that my spirit was strengthened, my perspective was changed for the better and my life is on an even straighter course of helping others return to our Heavenly Father.  As members we are ALL a part of "THE WORK OF SALVATION"- (I love that title SO much).  We need to invite others to come unto Christ- all of our friends, simple but strong and heartfelt invitiations will do,  ahh there are so so many things I loved about it but theres just no more time to write.  GO WATCH IT and make goals por favor!  We are on this Earth in these last days for a reason, and the Lord is hastening his work at this time for a reason, and inviting others to utilize their agency is what we've been asked to do.  AH I love the mission and love this work and love this Gospel so much.
 
I LOVE YOU!!!! TE AMO
 
Hermana Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment