Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 4 ( I think...) ! Aug 6


WELL I don't have much time today.. but yeah!
So about two weeks ago knocking doors we met a 17 year old girl named Ariana who is super cute.  She is super special and we knew it from the start! Last monday just after pday was done, we went to see her for our first official lesson. We didn't have too much time so we taught her about the Book of Mormon- but she prefered english and we didn't have one with us so, couldn't give her one right away (too bad..) but she committed to read it and pray and be baptized on a certain date as she comes to know these things are true! Ah I was so so so happy and I still am!
BUTTT
we went back for our return appointment... to teach the restoration and give her a book of mormon and teach her brothers too (yayy) andddd she wasn't there. :( so sad! she doesn't have a cell phone so, we haven't even talked to her since the monday she committed to be baptized. Hopefully we can have a lesson with her tonight! Ahh she needs it and is so prepared.
Staying in touch with people is a hard thing! Appointments fall through, people don't answer phones, its weird. who knew that would be a big setback in missionary work?
We had a 7 hour missionary training meeting this week which was long and pretty awesome. Our mission president is so great and basically has the scriptures all memorized. No lie! Its super cool and I always learn a lot.
I love that I get the chance to teach in both spanish and english.  Its gonna take me longer to really learn spanish, but its also nice to totally understand someone and really say what I want to say haha. But I love spanish too so its win win. I am getting better little by little, I wish it would all just hit me one day but i've accepted that thats not going to happen! 
I read a wonderful talk this morning from November 2011 conference by Quentin L. Cook (pretty sure...)  and I forgot the title (whoops!) but it had the word "song" in it haha. Go read it if you have a moment, its about trials. Very inspiring! I love sharing the gospel, especially when I get to share my testimony about and give away a copy of the Book of Mormon.  I felt like I did that a lot this week which just makes me so happy! I love that Book!!
well I'm running out of time, I love you all so much!
Love Hermana Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment