Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hola hola!


Hola hola!
ok so first of all I saw in my last email that I said 'consequences' instead of 'coincidences' so... I'm just gonna blame it on spanish even though thats probably not the root of the problem??
ANYWHOO
ok so I mean, I don't have a whole lot to say about this week! But yeah the good thing is we did get to see Emilio and Carrie as well as Luciana, Luis, Ariana Etc. I know last week we were bummed because they are the ones who are progressing!  Luciana's kids still want to be baptized, I just hope and pray that they see that coming to church is just as important- without coming to church you can't be baptized! It may take a miracle for real, but we're hoping.  Emilio also is open to the idea of baptism (even though 'he was already baptized') but wants to learn more.
Also Selma is super cute, got to teach her the Plan this week, we really really hope to see her progress!
This week we learned a little bit (from people telling us) what life is like in the ghetto- ah so heartbreaking.  Its different to see what it looks like from the outside and hear about whats going on from someone who knows about it more from the inside. This gospel, this church, this way of life is an escape from all of that.  I often can't believe how blessed I've been not only to live the life I live, but to have the knowledge that I have and to have made the choices I've made.  Blessings really are predicated on obedience and keeping the commandments really does = happiness (at least in the long term.) But the unfortunate thing is that I can't just let someone read Mosiah 2:41 and expect them to have the same knowledge that I have- it takes experience, it takes trying it out for yourself. Is that so hard? I guess sometimes yeah unfortunately.
We're knockin a lot of doors, planting a lot of seeds, praying for a lot of miracles and trying our best to be our best! I'm happy!
love you all so much
Love Hermana Barlow


No comments:

Post a Comment