Monday, September 22, 2014

saw Chicago and went to Wisconsin Aug 11

Hola mis queridos~                                    August 11, 2014

This letter will be shorter, I don't have much time! This week was
pretty crazy. We had a lot of great appointments set up and almost all
of them fell through. So that's too bad :( 
but we worked our hearts out! 

Also Hna Cadd and I taught at 2 zone meetings- Rockford and
Naperville. It went well and The Lord really blessed us! President
Fenn taught about Spiritual-decision making and it was very inspiring.
These are things that will help me in the rest of my mission and
throughout my life.

We also had the privilege to ride up to Rockford
(1hour away) with President and Sister Fenn! We heard some awesome and
funny stories, as well as had some deep doctrinal questions answered.
It was so great. I wish I could remember some of the funny things he
said but, oh well,

After the Rockford meeting, I went to the Beloit, Wisconsin area with
Hermana Sewell! She came out with Hermana Klivans and Hna Simmons. She
is so so awesome! I love her so much. I don't think I've met a
missionary as excited about the work as she. There are a lot of black
people in Beloit, it was awesome! A cool experience was when we were
talking to a man on the street and I felt to share a scripture with
him from Alma 32. I almost didn't but then I was like, why not. At the
end of our conversation Hna Sewell asked him what caught his attention
of all the things we shared with him, and he told us that the
scripture did. It was really cool to see the power of the spirit that
accompanies the Book of Mormon working with him. That is something I
see a lot and it strengthens my testimony of the Book of Mormon even
more. Hermana Sewell also invited a lady to be baptized when she knows
our message is true at the first door approach and she said yes, it
was pretty cool. That Hermana is bold and I loved learning from her!

Please keep praying for Lucas, he is keeping the word of wisdom! Please
pray that our investigators will come to Church this week as well.
Thanks for all your love and support. I love being a missionary!!

Con Amor, Hermana Barlow

Ps. Also we went to dinner with a member and they live in a tall
building with a beautiful clear view of Chicago! So I feel more like a
Chicago missionary now that I've seen it and seen how close it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment